The following rules apply to both on air and online contests:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Unless otherwise specified by Texarkana Radio Center, these rules cover routine contests and promotions conducted by the Station. These rules may be amended by separate specific rules for major contests or promotions conducted by the Station or its sponsors.
The contest or promotion will take place during the dates and times specified in the official rules of the Promotion or as announced on-air. The Station may change the dates and/or terms of the Promotion without prior notice. Any material changes will be broadcast on the Station and, if applicable, posted on its website.
Promotions conducted on-air that require telephone responses to “cues to call” are only official when heard on-air via radio.
To be eligible to enter or participate in the Promotion, listeners must follow the instructions set forth in the official rules of the Promotion or as announced on-air and must fulfill all of the eligibility requirements of the Promotion. Unless otherwise specified, the Promotion is open to all listeners of the Station who are legal U.S. residents, 18 years of age or older and who live in Texarkana Radio Centers terrestrial coverage area. Employees of the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, its participating sponsors, other radio stations and the members of their immediate families and/or households are ineligible to participate or win. Listeners are eligible to win a prize in a Promotion conducted by Texarkana Radio Center only once every thirty (30) days. More stringent rules may apply for major contests. Only one winner per household is permitted in any Station-conducted Promotion. For on-air Promotions, there is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call-in; however a listener may only qualify once.
Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and the Station will also delete any online entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
Promotion prizes and their values will be indicated when the Station announces the Promotion. Unless otherwise announced, all prizes or prize certificates must be picked up within 14 days of winning at the offices of the Station: 615 Olive Street, Texarkana, TX 75501. Prizes may be claimed during regular business hours (between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday). Promotion winner(s) will be required to present valid government-issued photo identification and provide their complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize. Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner(s) must claim his or her prize in person, and a prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner. Unless otherwise specified or required by law, if a prize is not claimed no alternate winner will be selected and the prize will become the property of the Station. There is no substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. Each prize is expressly limited to the item(s) announced by the Station and does not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
Decisions of the Station’s management with respect to the Promotion are final.
Payments of all federal, state and local taxes related to the award of a prize are solely the responsibility of the winner of the prize. The winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more and such winnings will be reported to the IRS. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize.
By participating in the Promotion, the winner(s) agree to have his or her name, voice and likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material related to such Promotion, without further compensation, and (where permitted by law) to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station in its sole discretion may require the winner of such prize (and his or her travel companion(s), if any) to sign a liability release, which holds harmless the Station, its licensee, its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. The Station is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, standard text messaging fees may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); or (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including, without limitation, as a result of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort. The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any event related to the Promotion or prize is delayed, rescheduled, postponed, cancelled or has a change of venue, the Station reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize. The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize.
The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in a contestant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning future Promotions.
The $1000 NO REPEAT WORKDAY Rules
1. The NO REPEAT WORKDAY promotion will begin on 3/4/19 and end on 12/31/19 .
2. The contest will be run on normal working weekdays, Monday to Friday during the hours 9am to 5pm. Federal Holidays [including Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, July 4, etc] are not included. To be eligible to win the $1000-cash prize, prospective participants need to be deemed the first to call the station on 903-794-1047 and identify that the same version of the song, by the same artist or band has been played in its entirety more than once between the exact hours of 9am to 5pm only on weekdays Monday to Friday inclusively. Only if the caller is deemed by the Program Director as the “first” caller through” on the appropriate phone number and if the same version of the song by the same artist has actually played will that caller be entitled to receive a check in the cash value of $1000.
3. Should there be technical difficulties during the hours of the 9 to 5 No Repeat Workday and a “back up” selection of music be broadcast from the transmitter or from the Touch network, not from the on-air studio; then any repetition of these songs will not be regarded as a repeated song and therefore no caller is eligible to receive the cash prize.
4. The only way to enter this competition is through the use of an ordinary telephone by calling 903-794-1047 no other method of entry will be accepted [including text, email or social media].
5. The Radio Station reserves the right to change the jackpot or nominated prize and/or major prize at it’s own discretion.
6. There is only ONE (1) prize per household for this contest.
7. KTOY Radio disclaims any responsibility for the inability to complete or continue a phone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, acts or God or otherwise.
9. By participating, all winners grant KTOY exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likeness in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
10. The Promotion is open to all listeners of the Station who are legal U.S. residents, 18 years of age or older and who live in Texarkana Radio Center terrestrial coverage area. Employees of the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, its participating sponsors, other radio stations and the members of their immediate families and/or households are ineligible to participate or win.
Apple is not a sponsor of any of this station's contests, nor is Apple involved in any way with contests run by this station.